with art we seek to stabilize an explosion of everyday living rhythms (breathing, heartbeat, walking, the tension of skin over muscle). the moment a bubble fails, when it is in between being-bubble and oblivion. an alchemical leap rather than a scientific progression; folding-in-on-itself and twisting. repetition demonstrates to us how that which is apparently linear and logical is actually circular and sublime. for example, excellent music finds the frictions of life’s rhythms and synchronizes them into a metarhythm (which is greater than the sum of its parts) that bends back around to show us how the supposedly banal repetitions it’s composed of are miraculous in their own right. we want to melt the signifier! a frictionless language! an eye-dropper, bottled hallucination!
Saturday, February 21, 2026
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The unruly dollar, crying on the phone like I always do Uncertain daughter, on the altar of the calendar and ill-fitting dress shirts that s...
-
the sun is washed out in December and won’t do much to warm me but your sweet face is never out of season and when you smile with your ey...
-
Sloan is straight-backed in a folding chair and digging her toes into the sand. There are itchy crumbs of the stuff in the netting of her sw...
-
Focus Group What are you going to do when the world ends? “I’m going to plant a flower garden. I’m going to grow vegetables. I’m going to r...
No comments:
Post a Comment