Some gardens are pruned overzealously. Who did the landscaping in Eden? What type of garden do we want to live in, anyway? What type of garden would we be free in? I know that I feel brittle when I'm labeled, like dead soil. There are flower beds that we should tend to with a mother’s gentle hand. At the same time there is a lot to be learned from Jonathan Richman about subtlety; we should be open to the potential necessity of bulldozing some orchids, turning bad soil and making it new and good. We can plow our way through the doubt and the despair. We can shoot our way out, maybe, if we’re careful not to shoot our way back in. Somehow we’ll have to figure out how to do it in the name of love and good gardening.
Wednesday, February 18, 2026
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The unruly dollar, crying on the phone like I always do Uncertain daughter, on the altar of the calendar and ill-fitting dress shirts that s...
-
the sun is washed out in December and won’t do much to warm me but your sweet face is never out of season and when you smile with your ey...
-
Sloan is straight-backed in a folding chair and digging her toes into the sand. There are itchy crumbs of the stuff in the netting of her sw...
-
Focus Group What are you going to do when the world ends? “I’m going to plant a flower garden. I’m going to grow vegetables. I’m going to r...
No comments:
Post a Comment