Tuesday, November 25, 2025

Focus Group

What are you going to do when the world ends? 

“I’m going to plant a flower garden. I’m going to grow vegetables. I’m going to raise chickens and name them after characters from Russian novels.”

“I’m going to find everyone who’s ever wronged me and blow ‘em away. Just blow ‘em right away, whoooooosh, like a great wind.”

“Sit on the porch.”

“Do you think it’ll be soon? I have a lot of people to apologize to. Good God. What a… wow. What a life. Jesus. I need to go home, right now, I need to… Good God, I need to make some phone calls. I need to make things right.”

“And the flower garden, it’ll be wildflowers. A great big field of them. I’ll tear up all of the driveways and make one giant connected lawn, all wildflowers.”

“Blam. Blam. Blam. Like bottles lined up on a fence. They don’t stand a chance.”

“...”

“Oh God, oh God. Hoo boy.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

The unruly dollar, crying on the phone like I always do Uncertain daughter, on the altar of the calendar and ill-fitting dress shirts that s...