When an animal is about to die, it goes away from the other animals. I have all of these people at arm’s length. I have all of these people that don’t seem to mind me. It goes away from the other animals. I have all of these people that I could never be honest with. Maybe the animal is just ashamed. I wish I could follow her around all day, like a ghost, without ever getting in her way. If I met God right now, I think I would embarrass myself horribly. I would say “... if that makes any sense” at the end of sentences, and I would say “sorry” without having anything to be sorry for. I would forget myself. God would be mortified by an animal this stiff. I hope that I get a chance to warm up a little before we meet.
Thursday, February 12, 2026
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The unruly dollar, crying on the phone like I always do Uncertain daughter, on the altar of the calendar and ill-fitting dress shirts that s...
-
the sun is washed out in December and won’t do much to warm me but your sweet face is never out of season and when you smile with your ey...
-
Sloan is straight-backed in a folding chair and digging her toes into the sand. There are itchy crumbs of the stuff in the netting of her sw...
-
Focus Group What are you going to do when the world ends? “I’m going to plant a flower garden. I’m going to grow vegetables. I’m going to r...
No comments:
Post a Comment